Wednesday, November 11, 2009



And I bake. Which brings me to the question: Does anyone like fondant???? Seriously, just because it makes a nice palette to decorate doesn't mean it should be used. It is a pity to ruin a good cake with a fondant crust, everyone I know peels it off and then you're just left with a piece of cake with hardly any frosting, if you're lucky. I only did the poker cake because of a cake decorating class. True talent, unlike all the hacks on Food Network, should decorate on a buttercream base, so the cake is edible, which is the whole reason to bake a cake, right???? mmmmmmmmmmm, frosting...mmmmmmmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! You make some gorgeous cakes! But I'm with you on the fondant thing--looks good, but who wants to actually eat it??? Give me yummy buttercream any day!

    ReplyDelete